Monday, March 16, 2009

Busy Busy

Hello!!!

Wow, what a couple of weeks we have had here. We have been going and going. Where is the stop sign so we can take a break. That stop sign has finally arrived for us. I am on spring break this week and looking forward to getting a lot accomplished around the house, extra school work completed, errands and just play time. Jason had a relaxing weekend and hung out with friends. He is back at work this week and hopefully, it will be smooth one.

Jason and I became a Aunt and Uncle again on March 3rd, we are so happy to announce that my sister in law and her family welcomed a healthy, beautiful baby girl in to their family. Elizabeth Rae- We are so happy for them and feel so blessed to have a niece.

I believe spring is coming to Texas. The Bradly Pear trees have bloomed here already, tulips are popping up all over, everything is turning green. I am very excited. Everyday when I drive down our street something new has appeared in our neighbors yards. I love watching people fixing up their yards, planting flowers and just enjoying spring. I jump out of bed a little faster in the spring.. something new and happy about this time of year.

I recently got tagged to complete this list from one of my many blogging friends.Thanks Lyndsey for tagging me. Here is the list:


Who's Who


1. What is your husband's name? Jason

2. How long have you been married? 9 months and 16 days.. Yippee

3. How long did you date?We dated in Arkansas for 1 1/2 years and then moved to Texas and got engaged a year later. Total we were together before married 3 years. It was great timely for for us to get engaged.

4. How old is he? Not quite sure he would appreciate me telling everyone...

5. Who is taller? Jason is taller than me. I am 5''5 and he is 6''0. Not too bad.. i think its just perfect..

6. Who can sing best? We are both awful. I love to sing in the car, but that doesn't mean I am good. He rarely sings outloud.

7. Who is smarter?I would say we are at the same intelligence, it just depends on what we are talking about. I know more about house cleaning stuff, my job and care taking. He knows much much more about financial issues, his job, management etc. We are a team.

8. Who does the laundry? We both do out laundry. I do some and he does some. We try to work at a team and not just one of us doing the laundry. It can be a pretty big task in our house. I cant imagine what it will be like when we have kids.. Yikes.

9. Who pays the bills? We both do. We have our weekly talk and we pay them online.

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jason does, we both love to sleep in the middle of the bed, sometimes we fight for the middle.

11. Who mows the lawn? Finally, a task that just JASON does. The lawn is my husband job. I mend the flowers etc and he does all the lawn work and I love it. He is so good at it, he loves it.

12. Who cooks the meals? I usually cook most of the meals. He is the grill-master 100%. Since we live in Texas, we grill out a lot- even in the winter. We try to share the cooking, but mainly I do most of it and he deals with anything that has to be grilled. He always used to cook when we were dating.... he got wrapped around his finger... then he stopped... he must have had a plan.

13. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I would say its pretty much equal... I can be a little stubborn at times... but he can too....

14. Who kissed who first? I kissed Jason 1st.... it was huge milestone.. very unlike me. All I can say is I knew what I wanted. :)

15. Who wears the pants? Umm... This one is tied... We both fight for the pants if that possible. I think there are times when he wears them and times when I do. We are pretty even on a lot of things... I love that we share everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Nice getting to know ya!

Heather said...

Good to hear from you again! Glad things are going well and hope you get alot accomplished this week! I loved reading your list!

Chris said...

Hi Alissa! Beautiful blog background! I wanted to respond to your comment, but I didn't see an e-mail address for you. Hope you don't mind that it's here. All I did for the wreath was wrap the ribbon around it and tie it in a knot. I just hid the knot behind the wreath, so you wouldn't see it. Genius right? :) I'm not smart enough for it to be some crafty invention. It works, though! Thanks for stopping by!