Thursday, August 20, 2009

Time

Time is something that can't be rushed, or changed.

Time is something that J and I will
need to get over what has been done to us this week.

This week on a certain day I went out to grocery store, a trip that I saw was so harmless. When I returned not more than a hour later I found something that would change my entire day. This event was going to change our lives, and change the way we thought about our security in our own home. This week my hubs and I were victims of a horrible crime that I can still to this day not believe. I am shocked that someone would break into our home in broad daylight, (around noon time) and damage our home, take our material possessions and mostly importantly, take our security away from us. We were not harmed and our cat is just fine. (he was hiding under the bed when I found him).
I hope to never see police cars in my driveway again. Words can begin to express the feeling that were going through my head that afternoon. I will not be blogging for a while because my emotions are not together and I am not ready.
J and I are safe, and that is all the matters. We are so happy that the damage was not worse. Thanks to our wonderful neighbors who saw the criminals in our home, heard our alarm going off and called the cops , later they were caught that day with our materials. The damage is still done and the repairs are hopefully to be made next week. I am so grateful to our neighbors who were looking out for our home. Their eyes and ears are blessing and I thank GOD for them and their help.
Let this be a reminder to all -watch our neighborhoods and be cautious of all. This has opened our eyes and I hope it will also make everyone more aware.
See you soon.....

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear this Alissa. I can not begin to imagine how you feel and what you are going through. Thankfully they were got and going to pay for what happened and while I am sure that comforts you a little, the damage is still done and lots to overcome. Praying for you sweet friend.