Sunday, November 22, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Pets

Hello! Today I am participating in Kelly's Korner Show us your life posts. This wee we are talking about our beloved pets. It has been a couple of months since i posted with Kelly's blog and I am so happy to finally have the time to be apart of show us your life. I am looking forward to the holiday decorations post are coming soon... many projects in the works.


Tack always has to be in the same room with us.

He has to know EVERYTHING that is going on.





This is Tack our Siberian Kitten. Tack became apart of our family in June 2007. This picture was taken the night we got home, he was only 14 weeks old and just a couple of pounds. He was adorable. He was such a playful kitten and he was into everything. We choose a Siberian breed because they are very loyal cats, very playful, and he greets us when we come home. Siberians are long haired cats and are thought to be very " dog like" in personality. He brings so much happiness to both of us. He truly is our baby until we decide to have kids.... and then he will always be our 1st.





This is Tack around 18 weeks old, hanging out on our desk. He was so small. It was his favorite place at the apartment b/c he could look out the window.... his parents clearly did not tell him no.

Guess who loves to sit under the Christmas tree????


J and Tack are just the best of buddies. He clearly is a daddy's boy, but when he's not around I get to be 2ND best. :)


So, even though Tack is the our world and we love him dearly I can not do this post without his sister.

My cat that I had growing up moved with me when we came to Texas to be with J. She was a Persian cat named "Oprah". I got her on my 5Th birthday from my parents. She was a wonderful cat and brought so much happiness, love and companionship to our family. She was such a trooper and she lived a very long and happy life. I am thankful for all my memories of her. She truly was " the family Cat". Even though she was my cat, she was just as much my parents cat... she loved them just as much and sometimes wanted them more than me... haha :)

She got sick around April 2007 and we found out that she had a tumor in her stomach. While I was away with my parents, J had to be strong and helped her in a away that I couldn't. I could not let her go, it was so hard and he helped me and her through that time. She passed away at a strong age of 17. Thankfully, we helped her not struggle with pain and now she lives in all our memories.

We miss you Oprah! Love you!








Our family has been very blessed to have such great companions. We know the unconditional love lives forever with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remember oprah! :)

tack looks like such a cute little kitty! :) i'm glad you have him!