Friday, May 1, 2009

Kitchen Home Tour

Kitchen Edition
I am participating in Kellys Korner Kitchen Home Tours. She has a great website and right now there are great homes that are showing you their beautiful Kitchens. I have loved looking at everyone kitchens and have great ideas that I cant wait to work on. Here is our kitchen, it is still a work in progress as so many are, but we love it and spend so much time in ours. As a newlywed, I am learning more and enjoying more about cooking and just love it.


Facing the Kitchen from the living Room. We have a very open floor concept home.
Kitchen Desk facing the laundry room.


I love all this counter space, but sometimes Its difficult to decorate. Any Suggestions?


Some of my favorite Decor in the kitchen! My spring bunny is out! I love monogram stuff. Cant have enough. I also have a B monogram rug in from of my sink island.





Dinning Room area, decorated with my Egg wreath!

Can you see the Lights above the cabinets? We love them and they make a huge difference. Always try to find ways to incorporate lighting around the kitchen. Does anyone have suggestions about where I should put a Lamp in my Kitchen????



10 comments:

Watts Family said...

Very cute kitchen! I think a lamp would go great on the counter in the last picture...does that make sense? :) You have a good eye! Have a great weekend.

Many Blessings,

Amanda

Tiffany said...

YOu are right....our kitchens are pretty dang similar! We were married May 6, 2006...so it seems our anniversary's are similar as well. We are going away to Seattle, one of our favorite weekender trips, massage day, dinner at the Space Needle (he proposed there), and comedy! I was telling a friend, I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Lovely kitchen....cannot wait to see the rest of your home!!

I don't know any suggestions for decorations. I find it soooo difficult, becuase I was raised with little items on the counters and I literally use a lot of counter space most of the time. I have one little leaf plate on a stand by my sink and it kind of drives me crazy being there....

Heather said...

I love your kitchen girl!! It is so pretty! You have done a great job! Love it!

Aunt Theresa said...

I love your use of colors! so many are afraid of using colors. it makes your kitchen so warm and inviting (by the way, I painted my whole kitchen and dining room in our last house red! what a job that was. red is the hardest color to paint don't ya think but looks so awesome) :) great job!

Angie Seaman said...

Love your kitchen - love the red! I'm a "color" girl when it comes to paint. Great job! Thanks for sharing! I just got my kitchen tour post up today. Little late. Ha ha! Blessings, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com

Pam Bowers said...

hehe...I have a lamp right next to my sink. Very nice kitchen.

Shannon said...

I love your big open kitchen. The colors are great too! I love a lamp in the kitchen. I would say anywhere near an outlet is a good spot for a lamp. :)

Cara said...

Where in Texas do you live?
I went to what was formally Walnut Valley.

Lyndsey said...

Super cute kitchen!

Where did you get the big "B" above your cabinets? I've been wanting some large letters to decorate with but I don't know where to look!

Ashley said...

What a great kitchen! and I LOVE the pic of your cat :)
-Ash-