Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain Anyone?

~ Hey! What a crazy couple of weeks it has been here. I feel like yesterday we just got back from Nags head for vacation and its been almost a month since I last posted. Where has the time gone.... I know where it has gone. Summer school, working and trying to do some house projects here and there and my husband traveling a lot has made our lives crazy these past couple of weeks. Hopefully, our schedules will calm down and we can start enjoying this summer before its over.

Good Lordy, its hott here in Texas. 98 degrees for the last week. Geezzz... so you know what means right? Heat index of at least 105..... stay inside. Thankfully, all that heat has dried us up well from our last week adventure that we had. I call it "the night from hell"- pretty much that's what it was for me.

~I had tried to upload these pictures last week when the flood came to Texas, but I was so busy building "our ark" that I didn't have time to post my evidence of the flood in our neighborhood. :)

Wild weather came to Texas last week and it just happened to be when my wonderful hubby went out of town for work. We had very long severe storms thru Wednesday night. Everything you could imagine during a bad storm... happened that night. Oh, let me remind you I am really really scared of severe storms. This is what came around: High winds in the 80s, hail, 6-8 inches of rain in one night,constant thunder( I swear it just hovered over our house for 8 hours) lighting like I have never seen it before in my life and to top it off we lost electricity for 8 hours..... What a great night to get no sleep. Oh, a section of our fence blew down. Thanks to my handy man husband and good friend it has recovered.

Here are the pictures I took the next morning... Aren't they lovely....

Thankfully, all this water was gone in matter of 1 hour after the rain finished and the sun came out. I was shocked to see the fence was blown down and had washed down the yard right into my oleanders. Geez.

There are waves in my front yard, really?

The water is building higher and higher.

What the fence looked like when I cam home. Great!

Every house that had a back fence had some portion blown down.

The water rushing between our neighbors house and ours.

So much water at one time the french drain can't keep up.

Thanks for wondering over to our page. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.

Im off to drink more Ice tea and watch Tori and Dean home sweet hollywood Show.

Just love that show!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Look at all that rain!! I am familiar with that now! I am praying for some rain down here though cause we haven't had any in over 20 days!! UGHH! And it is hot! Glad to see you blogging again! :)

Jessica said...

That water is scary!!

Anonymous said...

omigosh...i can't believe part of your fence blew down. that's crazy. and, i'm sorry all of this happened when jason was out of town. i HATE when matt goes out of town...but, luckily so far (knock on wood...A LOT), i haven't been thru anything like what you went thru on the nights he's been gone. i am scared of severe storms, too...mostly because i'm always scared the electricity will go out. because i'm afraid of the dark as well. ha! anyway, love you!!!

Lyndsey said...

I LOVE Tori and Dean!!!!

I tried to upload some video of the storms last week but blogger wouldn't let me....they were insane! The trees were swaying almost to the ground! Gotta love TX!